Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Day

Another day in the life of the unemployed in New York City. Saw my husband get up and go make his dreams come true today while I lay in bed. He's more than half way through culinary school and working an internship at a highly-regarded Brooklyn restaurant. I, on the other hand, woke up, made an omelette, watched the TODAY show, checked my email, sent thank you notes to some places I've interviewed with, and then decided to start a blog. It's only 11 am so I guess you could say that's somewhat productive so far. My plans for later today... read a book maybe or design some jewelry that I keep putting off doing. Shameless plug: Check out my jewelry at www.jmbauer78.etsy.com.

So how did I become unemployed and what was I doing you ask? I was working as a sr. marketing manager at a travel magazine for over 2 years when the company decided that a few layoffs would help the company. I still don't understand this thinking but I'm taking what I've learned and moving on. It's now been 1 month and 10 work days since the day of the big storm (figuratively and literally). I really enjoy writing and have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now and for some unknown reason decided that today was the day. I hope you all enjoy it, and please feel free to leave your comments and share your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment