Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Yoga in the Park

Last night I went for the first time to the free yoga offered in Fort Greene Park. Yoga outdoors is a very different experience then at a studio or in your home. I'm going to totally sound like a hippie right now but doing yoga outside really gets you in touch with the earth and puts you in a different mindset that is a little more peaceful and enjoyable. The only thing that bothered me a little was that although I was on my yoga mat, we were in an area where the grass was not cut and was pretty uneven with sticks and stones. I don't know how some of the guys managed without a mat but they stuck it out.
The class was an hour long from 7 - 8pm and there were about 12 people. It is a free class but the instructor did ask at the end for donations. It will take place every Tuesday throughout the summer, so check it out.

(Note: The photo above is not from the class yesterday and was just found on Google images to give you an idea of what it was like.)

No comments:

Post a Comment