Friday, July 23, 2010

Movie Review: Inception

I was very excited to see Inception based on the compelling trailer and because Facebook friends kept saying things like "Amazing" and "Can't stop thinking about it," even "Perfect 10". I thought it was an interesting story line but a little overrated.

Here's what it's about: Dom Cobb leads a highly skilled team, specializing in stealing secrets from people's minds by entering their dreams.When they are hired by a mysterious businessman, Cobb finally has a shot at redemption, but not before achieving the near impossible. Rather than stealing an idea, they must do the complete opposite: Inception. Planting the seed of an idea.

To me, it had a bit of "The Matrix" feel to it because the characters would essentially plug in and be transported to another world, or dream state, while their bodies were still in the actual world. There was no information on how this was possible or why it came about. At least in The Matrix you know that the machines took over, but with Inception there is little about the past and more about the present.

The actors were all relatively young and hard for me to associate with. Especially Ellen Page as "the architect" because I just kept picturing her as a pregnant teen in "Juno." But overall, the movie did grab my attention and had me wanting to see it through to the end. I don't want to give away too much info because it is worth seeing. But maybe rent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment