Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flavor of Love

Yesterday was my five year wedding anniversary. To celebrate, we took a walk down Vanderbilt Ave and had brunch/lunch at Le Gamin, a french restaurant specializing in crepes. I recommend eating in the backyard area. I'm always pleased with the way restaurants in the city are able to transform a tiny backyard surrounded by buildings into a nice Eden for food-lovers. I had a swiss/mushroom/sausage crepe with salad. Tres bon!

After, we took a long trek to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens. We've missed the cherry blossoms but it was still definitely worth it to go. There are still plenty of flowers, amazing trees to check out and the fish and turtles in the Japanese garden are always cool to see. And it was surprisingly not that crowded, which is always a huge plus when doing anything in NY.


For dinner, we made our way to No. 7 in Fort Greene. We were told it was a 40-minute wait but it ended up being only about 10 minutes! However, we were stuck at the crappiest table that was right in the walkway to the bathroom and the waiter stand. Overall the service was great though and the food was delicious. We shared an appetizer of mussels with thai basil/chickpea/sake broth and then I got the mahi mahi with bock choy, lentils and artichoke dip for the entree. Unfortunately, there was no room left for dessert in my belly.

Finally, we made our way to Frank's Lounge on Fulton St. hoping to listen to some live music that was suppose to go on at 9:30. But when 10:30 rolled around and I had about enough of the R&B album that was playing, we decided to just leave. I guess I'll never know what Big Brooklyn Red sounds like.

Looking forward to our 6th anniversary :)

No comments:

Post a Comment