Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vacation From Vacation

In celebration of many things (anniversary, graduation, birthdays), I went with my husband and his family to Bermuda over Memorial Day Weekend. This is the first vacation in the past 10 years that I've gone on and come back to not having a job. It was a strange feeling but a nice one. So basically, you could say that I'm still on vacation.

Here's a little about the trip...
When we arrived we hopped in a taxi that took us down many winding and narrow roads. They drive on the opposite side there so you feel like you're going to crash into a coral wall at any moment. But we arrived safely at the beautiful Fairmont Southampton and got an amazing deal because my uncle-in-law works for Fairmont. It's good to know the right people.

The weather was unpredictable so we had to play it by ear. One minute we'd be at the beach in the hot sun and then all of a sudden a downpour. Then an hour later the sun would come back out. Luckily everything is pretty close together so if you were at the beach you can just hop in a trolley and go back up to the hotel. We had free access to the spa which had an indoor pool that was above my expectations. It had a beautiful view of the ocean and outdoor hot tubs (when they were open anyway... One day some kid dumped bubbles in the hot tub so it was out of use!) One evening, the family chartered a sailboat for a sunset cruise that was delightful. Another night we had cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at The Waterlot restaurant outside on the dock, which was followed by an amazing four-course dinner. There was constantly food all around me, which actually caused some jokes because I was eating so much! Breakfast was included everyday on the Gold Level floor as well as snacks and desserts. I think I gained 5 lbs after this trip!
Bermuda is a gorgeous place and pleasantly only a 2 hour flight from NY. The beaches offer white and pink sand complemented by the bright blue ocean. I had an amazing time and can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment