Friday, April 9, 2010

Chef in the House

My husband is a month and half away from graduating from the French Culinary Institute here in NY. I'm so proud of him for deciding to take a risk and go back to school to do what he loves. He had been working in TV for years as an editor/producer and after his company shut down and spending almost a year figuring out what to do, he took a leap and made his dream happen. And the best part is that I get to taste all of his yummy creations (Irish bread pudding, scallops w/ bacon, Mediterranean chicken w/ tahini and hummus)! The downside is that neither of us are working and he now has student loans, but I think the delicious food and doing what you love makes up for it. He's also been interning at The Grocery on Smith St. in Carroll Gardens that I definitely recommend everyone check out. But if you're hungry during the day, head to L'Ecole, the restaurant that is part of FCI. If you go by the end of May I'm sure you'll end up tasting something he cooked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment