Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hooray for Spas!

A word of advice to husbands/wives or boyfriends/girlfriends: just tell your partner what you want as a gift. It makes thinks so much easier for the person buying the gift and the person receiving the gift gets exactly what they want. So I'd like to say thanks to my loving husband who gave me a gift certificate a few months ago for the Great Jones Spa in Manhattan. I was able to indulge in an hour-long heavenly massage followed by relaxing by the hot and cold pools surrounded by a waterfall while reading a magazine. I highly recommend this spa. If you buy a service over $100 you can utilize the rest of the facility for free, or if you spend less than $100 you can use the facility for $50. The rest of the facility includes the hot tub and cold plunge pools, a steam room and a sauna that you can use for as long as you want. They also provide items needed for showering so you can go on with your day without having massage oils caked to your hair. And, there's an organic juice bar next door, which I didn't try but I'm sure it was tasty. And since it's located in a great spot on Great Jones St. near Bleeker St., you can easily walk to Union Square, the East Village or wherever after your rejuvenating afternoon. I know I'll be asking for another spa day again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment